Procedure: Research through internet and journal access, use of HBOS home site and Newspaper articles with a Global, European and National scope. The purpose of this report is to identify the success and failings of HBOS over a period of five years, covering the 2004 positive corporate stature, corporate governance and ethical responsibilities through to HBOS 2009, the acquisition by Lloyds TSB, Government intervention, loss of market power, profitability and consumer confidence.
In 2004 HBOS published ‘The way we do Business’ HBOS (2005). A statement of business principles and corporate values. The report covered a number of key performance indicators (KPI) to meet the expectations of its stakeholders: Colleagues, customers, shareholders, suppliers, the Government, the media and society in general. The report was evaluated and KPI’s evaluated with two years of information with a positive and successful outcome.
Statistics as at 31st December 2004
• Colleague pride in HBOS products stood at 11% higher than the industry average.
• The housing sector stood at 22% of the total mortgage market.
• A key player in home insurance. Providing insurance to 1.8 million home owners against the risk of flood, a leader in this market, an environmental commitment to those in high risk areas.
• Consumer confidence, strong reputation for leadership in corporate governance, product range and satisfaction.
• Corporate headquarters based in Edinburgh with supporting offices across the UK
• Overseas offices in Asia, Europe and the USA.
Financial Statistics as at 31st December 2004
• 2.5 million shareholders, 99.8% of which are ‘small investors’
• 80% of shareholders are also customers.
• 62% of colleagues are HBOS shareholders.
• 22million customers including Retail, Large and Small... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 01). A Business Report to Identify the Success and Failures of Hbos. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 01, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/A-Business-Report-To-Identify-The-539425.html
"A Business Report to Identify the Success and Failures of Hbos" StudyMode.com. 01 2011. 01 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/A-Business-Report-To-Identify-The-539425.html>.
"A Business Report to Identify the Success and Failures of Hbos." StudyMode.com. 01, 2011. Accessed 01, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/A-Business-Report-To-Identify-The-539425.html.