1. _____________________________ is an illness that can be passed from an infected person to a well person.
2. Actions that help to keep a disease or condition from occurring is called _________________
3. A cancer causing chemical _______________________.
4. ______ is the psychoactive ingredient in Marijuana.
5. A molecule that is released from a nerve cell is called a ________________________.
6. Produces a feeling of pleasure: _______________.
7. ______________ - liver damage.
8. The brain’s response to not having the drug ____________________.
9. _____________________ is the intense desire for the pleasure produced by the drug.
10. A drug classification which reduces or slows down the central nervous system. _________________.
11. A fundamental change in the brain that results in uncontrollable, compulsive drug craving, seeking and use. _______________.
12. _____________________ is the basic building block of the central nervous system.
13. Drugs that do not require a doctor’s prescriptions are called ______________________________.
14. Marijuana is a mind-altering drug and is classified as an ______________________.
15. ______________________ is the physical and psychological negative effects of discontinuing use of a drug.
16. A highly concentrated form of a natural substance found in meat and fish is called __________________.
17. When alcohol is consumed, it is carried to all parts of the body within ____________.
18. Once alcohol reaches the brain, it begins to affect those areas of the brain that controls
_____________, _______________ and ________________.
19. Long term physical effects of alcohol includes ___________________, ____________________ an ____________________.
20. Alcohol is classified as a _________________.
21. The #1 drug problem among young people in America is __________________ use.
22. Nicotine causes lung cancer, leukoplakia and __________________.
23. Tobacco can be smoked, ____________, ______________, or _______________,
24. _____________________ is the most widely used illicit drug in the U.S. and tends to be the first illegal drug teens use.
25. ___________________________________ are actions that detect the presence of a disease or condition in its early stages when it is easier to treat.
26. It takes about ___ (how long) after the smoke is inhaled for the nicotine to reach the brain.
27. When tobacco is chewed, it takes about _______________ (how long) for the nicotine to reach the brain.
28. Alcohol first affects your ______________, then ___________________, and then your ________________.
29. _______________________________ is the condition caused by drinking more alcohol than the liver can handle.
30. __________________________________________ is the consumption of five or more drinks in one sitting by a male.
31. The liver processes alcohol at a rate of _____ ounce per _________.
32. _________________ is the best way to “sober up.”
33. _______________________ are breathable chemical vapors that produce psychoactive (mind-altering) effects.
34. ________________________________________________ can result from a single session of inhalant use.
35. ______________________________________ are powerful natural or synthetic compounds closely related chemically to testosterone.
36. One risk of anabolic steroids when used by an athlete: it _____________________ a male, and ___________________________ a female.
37. ______________________________ are used by wrestlers to increase water output to
38. In a 2005 Fairfax County Survey, prescription drugs and ________________________ are the most commonly used...