University of Chittagong
Assignment on: Marketing Mix analysis of Incepta Pharmaceuticals Ltd. [pic]
Professor Shawkatul Meher
University of Chittagong
Group Member ID
• Sk. Syed Ali 1201016 • Sk. Md. Mostafizur Rahman 1201039
• Sajjad Hossain 1201027 • Pralay Chakraborty 1201035
• Tanvir Ahmed Siddique 1201008
• Incepta Pharmaceuticals Ltd. is a leading pharmaceutical company in Bangladesh established in the year 1999. The company has a very big manufacturing facility located at Savar, 35 kilometer away from the center of the capital city Dhaka.
What types of Company?
• Incepta Pharmaceuticals Ltd. is a leading pharmaceutical company in Bangladesh
Contribution to the economy
• In Bangladesh the pharmaceutical sector is one of the most developed hi-tech sectors which are contributing in the country’s economy. • Exporting medicines to global market including European market. This sector is also providing 97% of the total medicine requirement of the local market. Maintain balance of trade between import & export. • Over $250 million invested in the sector, has helped modernize and create new facilities.
Incepta Pharmaceuticals Ltd. is now the 2nd largest company of the country and recognized as the fastest growing of the top five manufacturing company in the country, established in the year 1999. Incepta was able to anticipate the need of the market and provide the right product at the right time. Incepta began its operation with a handful of highly skilled and dedicated professionals guided by an able leadership.
There are many competitors:-
1. SQUARE PHARMACEUTICALS LTD.
2. BEXIMCO PHARMACEUTICALS
3. OPSONIN PHARMA LTD.
5. RENATA PHARMACEUTICALS
6. ACME PHARMACEUTICALS
7. ACI PHARMACEUTICALS
9. DRUG INTERNATIONAL
10. SANOFI AVENTIS
Up to May 2012, it has already launched 334 generics with a total of 639 products. [pic]
Nature of market
Under pure competition: Also sometimes referred to as perfect competition, pure competition is a situation in which the market for a product is populated with so many consumers and producers that no one entity has the ability to influence the price of the product sufficiently to cause a fluctuation.
In general, the product is defined as a "thing produced by labor or effort, or a product is anything that can be offered to a market that might satisfy a want or need.
A range of associated products that yields larger sales revenue when market together. Than if they were marketed individually or in isolation from others. Incepta Pharmaceuticals Ltd. Has 639 types of product in their product mix.
• Sterile Products.
• Non Sterile Products.
• Biological Products.
• Cephalosporin (Dedicated manufacturing facility).
Major raw materials required for production
To produce different kinds of finished products, the local companies need more than 750 different types of raw materials, 90% of which is imported and rest 10% from domestic. 40 different types of raw materials produced locally at smaller quantity and the rest of Active Ingredients are imported. Main sources of raw materials include Germany, Switzerland, Belgium, France, Italy, Denmark, Netherlands, UK, USA, UAE, China, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan, Spain, and India. Recently, 4-5 API projects are under implementation and once they are in commercial production, a significant percentage of raw material requirements will be mitigated from local sources.
Marketing management concept
Holistic marketing concept is...