Concept and importance of CPD
Continuous personal development is vital to ensure that each individual is up to date on current legislation and to enable each professional to continue with their career goals via training and development tools. By keeping up to date with current legislation, standard practices and new tools and skills this will allow you to become more productive and proactive within your career and by reflecting on experiences allow you to develop yourself further for future progression.
Knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be an effective HR Professional
Three core skills HR professional needs to posses to become effective as a HR professional are:
* Strategies, Insights and Solutions
* To me to have a strategy you will need to research and plan what you will need to do to achieve a specific result by gaining insight into specific areas to develop a solution * Leading and Managing the HR Function
* To have a leader within HR with vision and a mission who can then effectively manage the HR department effectively utilising strengths with the ability to manage around weaknesses * Resource and Talent Planning
* I believe Resource is to effectively employ the right person in the right role with Talent planning to have a succession plan in place with a good learning and development support structure.
8 Behaviours – What do they mean to me?
* Curiosity to me is showing an interest in the business, continuous improvement opportunities, myself and my career development and showing a willingness to consider others points of view and to learn and understand others opinions * Decisive Thinker
* I believe this means to have the ability to process and absorb information and to be able to come to a conclusion whilst utilising all aspects of information around you ie; experience, factual data...