Please use black text.
Section 1 Resource 1[->0]
After reading the case scenarios, choose one and answer the following questions.
1. Case Scenario__ It’s your problem__ (5 points)
a. Where did the characters learn their communication style? (5 points)
b. Identify the communication roadblocks these barriers present in the scenario. To review the communication roadblocks, read the information found in lesson 3.3. (5 points) Avoiding subjects and that Caroline is trying to tune out of the scenario.
Read the course resource information on vertical and level communication. Answer the following questions based on that information.
2. After reviewing level and vertical communication, what style of communicator are you? (5 points)
Vertical___ bossing or pushing but only to my brother sometimes_____
Level_____ pretty much for me, all of them________
3. Which style do you see most frequently in your family's communication? (level or vertical) _ alittle more of vertical than level, but with me it is mostly all level___ (5 points)
4. Give two examples of how vertical communication might be used by family members when communicating. (5 points per answer total of 10 points)
A. by bossing and punishing
B. and surrendering
5. Are your family members free to communicate their real feelings to one another? __some of them yes and some of the others no __ (5 points)
a. Why or why not? (5 points)
The one that do like to, it is because they don’t like to hide anything or almost anything form others. But the one that don’t like to, it is because they don’t know how to show their feelings or there are just a little unsure about themselves
6. Identify two methods of level communication you would feel comfortable using with your family. (5 points each answer total of 10)
A. Seeking to Understand
B. Encouraging or Negotiation and Committing
Our main source in learning... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 12). 3.5 Family Patterns. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 12, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/3-5-Family-Patterns-1287993.html
"3.5 Family Patterns" StudyMode.com. 12 2012. 2012. 12 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/3-5-Family-Patterns-1287993.html>.
- MLA 7
"3.5 Family Patterns." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 12 2012. Web. 12 2012. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/3-5-Family-Patterns-1287993.html>.
"3.5 Family Patterns." StudyMode.com. 12, 2012. Accessed 12, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/3-5-Family-Patterns-1287993.html.