Higher School Certificate
Attempt Question 2
Allow about 40 minutes for this section
Answer the question in a SEPARATE writing booklet. Extra writing booklets are available. In your answer you will be assessed on how well you:
demonstrate understanding of the ways language shapes and expresses perceptions ■
organise, develop and express ideas using language appropriate to audience, purpose and context
Question 2 (20 marks)
‘A sense of belonging comes from having connections with people and places.’ Compare how the texts you have studied convey this idea.
In your response, refer to your TWO prescribed texts and ONE text of your own choosing.
YOUR prescribed texts are:
• Prose Fiction – Allan Baillie, The China Coin
• Film – Phillip Noyce, Rabbit-Proof Fence
This will be the first time you have written an essay for Belonging with the inclusion of Rabbit Proof Fence. * Before you write the essay:
* Spend at least 1 hour planning how you will include the film, Rabbit Proof Fence in your response. Considering the examples, film techniques and how they connection to belonging * Revise the essay you wrote for the Half Yearly – consider any corrections you need to make to your writing * Consider if the examples you used for the Half Yearly from The China Coin and your related text are suitable for this essay question – make changes if you think you should * Read the marking criteria on the next page and try to identity what you need to do to move to the next level (eg: if you received 8/20 for you Half Yearly, what do you need to do to move to 13 – 14/20?) Get ready to write:
* Write your responses in pen by hand
* Give yourself 5 minutes to plan and 40 minutes to write * Try to be strict with yourself on the time – don’t stop to look up words or grammar, this is now your time to practise writing in exam conditions *...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document