Refer to Blackboard, Discussion Board, for the tutorial assignment.
Assume you’ve been appointed HR Executive (Training & Development) of
McPEC (Marine & Offshore Engineering Pte Ltd) in Singapore.
McPEC is a privately owned entity and a member of the Entraco Group of Companies.
The company is capable of undertaking turnkey engineering, procurement,
construction, installation and project management (EPCIM) for onshore and offshore
oil and gas projects. McPEC is also an ISO 9001-2000 certified company, which
meets the ongoing demand for quality and safety standards of all oil and gas customers.
Your immediate superior, Mr Lee, Human Resource Manager, has
instructed you to
come up with a proposal on how to conduct training for staff who are poor in time
management. The following guidelines are given to you:
- 20 staff, between the ages of 20 – 40, have been found to be poor in time management by not meeting deadlines for their work - 3 hours of training in time management to be conducted - Training Needs Analysis (TNA) not done
- Non-training needs not analysed
With the knowledge you’ve gained so far from TRGD lectures and notes and with reference to McPEC, answer the following questions:
• What are the training objectives?
• What are the suitable training methods?
• What are the factors that influence transfer of training?
Enter your individual answer into Blackboard. This is to be done as homework before coming to the tutorial.
Watch the DVD by Julie Morgenstern who’s conducting training in time
management. Notice her approach and the points she covers.
(Time given: 30 mins)
How long it will take
4D’s: delete delegate delay diminishing
Transform the theory into practice
Draw an applicable map for yourself
Tutor shall summarize the main...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document