(a) More united and advanced to gain national objective of Vision 2020. (b) Blueprint prepared by the EPU.
(c) Requires greater resolve to ensure its success.
(d) Five major thrusts.
10th Malaysia Plan- Rancangan Malaysia Ke-10 ( RMK-10 )
1. Embarks on an important mission towards a progressive and high-income nation. 2. 7 Thrusts
3. Challenge :
* 6% annual GDP growth
* Ensure living standards and quality of life improve.
The 10MP is a comprehensive blueprint for the development of Malaysia between 2011 and 2015.
The tenth in a series of five-year development plans, prepared by the Economic Planning Unit (EPU) of the Prime Minister’s Department and the Finance Ministry of Malaysia. Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak unveiled the 10MP on June 10, 2010. On July 1, 2010, the 10MP was passed by a voice vote among Ministers of Parliament after 11 days of debate.
10 Big Ideas
1. Internally driven, externally aware
2. Leveraging on our diversify internationally
3. Transforming to high-income through specialisation
4. Unleashing productivity-led growth & innovation
5. Nurturing, attracting & retaining top talent
6. Ensuring equality of opportunities amd safeguarding the vulnerable 7. Concentrated growth, inclusive development
8. Supporting effective & smart partnerships
9. Valuing our environmental endowments
10. Government as a competitive corporation
* create 1.4 million jobs mostly in services sector
* Employment to reach 13.2 million jobs in 2015
* Full employment status with unemployment rate of 3.1% in 2015
REFORMING LABOUR MARKET
* More flexible
* Upgrade skills of existing workforce
* Enhance Malaysia's ability to attract and retain top talent * Part-Time Work Regulations under Employment Act 1955
* Increase female labor force.
* Provide loans to workers and school leavers for training and skills upgrading * Continue training and skills upgrading of small and medium enterprise employees
SOCIAL SAFETY NET
* Housing assistance for rural poor
* Affordable housing and low-cost for housing
* Income support for eligible groups
* Income support for disabled old and single mothers
INCLUSIVE SOCIO-ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
* Ensure Bumiputera economic participation
* Elevate livelihoods of 40 pct of households
* Reduce poverty
* Raise average monthly income
* Increase percentage of SPM qualification
SPECIAL TARGET GROUPS
* Halve poverty among Orang Asli
* Reduce poverty among Sabah ethnic minorities
* Financial assistance to Chinese new villages
* To focus on implementation and delivery capability
* Pre-school enrollment to be increased from 87 pct by 2012 and to 92 pct in 2015Strengthen * Strengthen learning of Bahasa Malaysia and English
Chap 1 : 1 Malaysia : Charting development towards a high-income nation. Chap 2 : Building on the nation’s strengths.
Chap 3 : Creating the environment for unleashing economic growth and NIKEAs Chap 4 : Moving towards inclusive socio-economic development Chap 5 : Developing and retaining a first-world talent base. Chap 6 :Building an environment that enhances quality
Chap 7 : Transforming government to transform Malaysia.
Transforming to high-income through specialisation
12 National Key Economic Areas (NKEAs)
* Important in GDP growth of M’sia
* Business service
* Contributed RM20 billion to GNI in 2009, leaving significant scope for growth. * Communication Infrastructure
* Spans wide ecosystem; Axiata, Maxis & Astro
* Most critical drivers transformation from middle to high income nation due to impact on productivity & human capital * Electronic & Electrical