The Tenth Five Year Plan India(2002-2007) aims to transform the country into the fastest growing economy of the world and targets an annual economic growth of 10%. This was decided after India registered a 7% GDP growth consistently over the last decade.
This GDP growth of 7% is much higher than the world's average GDP growth rate. Thus, the Planning Commission of India sought to stretch the limit and set targets which would propel India to the super league of industrially developed countries.
In a nutshell, the Tenth Five Year Plan India envisages -
* More investor friendly flexible economic reforms
* Creation of congenial investment environment
* Encourage private sector involvement
* Setting up state-of-the-art infrastructure
* Capacity building in industry
* Corporate transparency
* Mobilizing and optimizing all financial resources
* Implementation of friendly industrial policy instruments
The Tenth Five Year Plan India documents are -
Vol. I: Dimensions and strategies
1. Perspective, objectives and strategy
2. Macroeconomic dimensions
3. Public sector plan: resources and allocations.
4. External sector dimensions
5. Employment perspective
6. Governance and implementation
7. Disaster management: the development perspective
8. Policy imperatives and programmatic initiatives
Vol. II: Sectoral policies and programs:
II. Human and social development
1. Sectoral overview
2. Elementary education
3. Secondary education
4. Vocational education
5. Higher and technical education
6. Adult literacy and continuing education
7. Youth and sports
9. Indian system of medicine and homeopathy
10. Family welfare
11. Women and children
12. Art and culture
III. The social net:
13. Sectoral overview
14. Poverty alleviation in... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 03). 10th Five Year Plan of India. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 03, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/10Th-Five-Year-Plan-Of-India-645867.html
"10th Five Year Plan of India" StudyMode.com. 03 2011. 2011. 03 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/10Th-Five-Year-Plan-Of-India-645867.html>.
- MLA 7
"10th Five Year Plan of India." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 03 2011. Web. 03 2011. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/10Th-Five-Year-Plan-Of-India-645867.html>.
"10th Five Year Plan of India." StudyMode.com. 03, 2011. Accessed 03, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/10Th-Five-Year-Plan-Of-India-645867.html.