100 Ways To Save Mother Earth - Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Respond
Our Mother Earth is currently suffering from different types of pollution brought about by humans. And with this, a lot of negative effects have emerged. Reports of flash floods brought about by illegal logging can be seen on the news. Destruction of the forest and exploitation of wild life resulted in the extinction of exotic animals. Increased carbon dioxide in the atmosphere brought global warming.
There are numerous environmental issues that we have to address. Where do we start? The answer is simple: Within ourselves. If every single person in the entire planet will care about their environment and do their part, it can bring about a lot of change and we can save our planet from destruction.
I have enumerated her more than 100 ways to Save Mother Earth. Find what suits you, and what you think you are willing to do for our Mother Earth.
Photo from dreamstime.com
Plant a Tree
There are lots of paper products nowadays that have us thinking sometimes about how much trees are consumed for all those products? To help save our planet it is good to have a habit of planting at least on tree a year.
There are several benefits of plating a tree. Economical benefits includes less energy costs specially for houses requiring air conditioning. Environmental benefits include, preventing flood, reduces carbon dioxide in the air, provides natural habitat for animals, and so on.
Trees provides a tranquil atmosphere. It make life more pleasant and peaceful as well. Trees are very important in our ecosystem as well. Reduce Paper Consumption
* 1Use Silicon tray liners when baking instead of parchment paper. * 2Use Reusable Gift Bags.
* 3Use cloth napkins instead of paper napkins
* 4Save the paper plates for BIG Parties, use ceramic plates or invest in a good chinaware. * 5Avoid collection flyers if your don't have to read them because they will just end in junk. * 6Use a reusable container instead of a sandwich paper bag. * 7Use both sides of the paper when printing.
* 8Review drafts on screen, instead of printing it. If you have to print it, print it on smaller scale and on grey scale. * 9Use overhead projectors and white boards instead of paper handouts. You can send handouts via email or send them via bluetooth. * 10Use the internet for your bank transactions, when paying the bill or when ordering supplies. Reuse and Recycle Paper Products
* 1Make Origami Art
* 2Use in Quilling Art Designs
* 3Use for Papier Mache
* 4Create Recycled Paper
* 5Make Paper Beads
Report Illegal Logging
Report Illegal Logging to the respective authorities. Illegal Logging is the common cause of the destruction of our forest which is a natural habitat to most animals. Animals, trees and plants are needed for the balance in our ecosystem, if we do not hinder their destruction we might suffer from it. A lot of new stories about flash floods have been reported due to the destruction of our forests from illegal logging. It is our responsibility to report these issues to the authorities if we have knowledge of such illegal actions as a way of protecting the people from natural calamities.
Photo from foei.org
Use Digital Products Instead of Paper Products
Save trees when you use digital products.
* 1Use an ereader rather than stuffing your whole room full of books which you seldom use or have rad only once. Check out Amazon's best selling ereader: the Kindle. * 2Use a Digital Photo Album instead of printing all your pictures on photo paper. It saves space as well, since you can store thousands of photos in one small digital photo album. * 3Send an e-card instead of an actual paper card.
* 4Use digital scrapbooking instead of the traditional scrapbooking that leaves too much wastes. * 5Use...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document