ZENITH INSTITUTE OF BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
TOTAL MARKS: 100 PAPER CODE: C CATEGORY: SPL
1. What roles do the external environment and competition have in formulating organizational strategies?
2. Define recruitment. Bring out its purpose and importance.
3. Outline the external as well as internal environments of employee remuneration. 8 marks
4. What actions can the government take when companies violate statutory guidelines relating to executive remuneration?
5. Outline the cause for industrial accidents. How can they be avoided?
6. Suppose HR planners estimate that because of several technological innovations your company will need 25 percent fewer employees in three years. What action would you take today. Explain your answer.
7. If you were to audit an existing performance-appraisal system, what criteria would you use to judge its effectiveness?
8. A large well-known Canadian company had fully depreciated the equipment used to make specialized automobile component for North American automobile producers. Although the equipment have been well-maintained and worked well, it required considerable hands-on labor to use. The result was high labor costs that made the companies brake assemblies, axle mounts, and related products unprofitable. A decision was made to replace the equipment with more highly automated, numerically-controlled machine tools. Since the economic value of the old equipment exceeded its value as scrap, the equipment was shipped to the company’s Brazilian operations, where labor costs were considerably lower. Upon arrival and set up of a new facility, the company received numerous profitable orders from Brazil’s rapidly growing automobile industry. Though the labor hours per product remained about the same, the lower Brazilian labor rates allowed...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document