1. Definition of Human Resource Management:
Human Resource Management is the function within an organisation that focuses on recruitment, management and providing direction for the people who work in the organisation. Human resource management can also be performed by line managers. According to the Michael Armstrong “Human resource management is defined as a strategic and coherent approach to the management of an organisation most valued assets the people working there who individually and collectively contribute to the achievement of its object.
We can say that Human Resource Management view people as an important source or asset to be used for the benefit of the organisation and its employees with mutual benefit to the achievement of both organisational and individual goals.
2. How human resource management differs from personal management:
Differences between HRM and PM are given below-
* According to the Torrington and hall “Personnel management is a series of activities which first enable working people and the businesses which use their skills to agree about the nature of their working relationship, and secondly, ensures that the agreement in fulfilled”. * The main difference between Human Resources Management and Personal Management is that Human Resource Management and Personal Management are seen as synonymous in today’s working environments as they tend to sit along side others.
* Personal Management can include administrative tasks that are both traditional and routine. It can be described as reactive, providing a response to demands and concerns as they are presented. On the other hand, Human resources involves on going strategies to manage and develop an organization’s workforce.
* Personal Management is more administrative such as dealing with payroll, complying with employment law, and handling related...