Although it may be too late to trick out your dorm room for this semester, there’s no harm in looking forward to the future. Organization isn’t for everyone, but just because you don’t line your socks up in your drawer and separate your closet by color, doesn’t mean you can’t appreciate a well arranged desk space. Plastic crates and rolling carts are convenient, yes, but don’t exactly have that “wow” factor you might be craving for your small box of a living area. Here’s a list of some unique organizational gadgets that might have you wondering what you ever did without them in the first place:
1. Bunk Pocket: Simple name, awesome purpose! This handy bedside pocket holds your phone so you don’t have to deal with sweeping up the smashed screen when you fling it off the bed in the middle of the night.
2. Cling Thing: This double sided sticky board is ideal for organizing those funny pictures you took last weekend. The best part? It won’t damage dorm walls, so you can keep your security deposit!
3. Trunk: Out with the traditional rolling cart, and in with a vintage style trunk for your dorm. Great for packing away those winter blankets you don’t need anymore now that spring has sprung.
4. Over-The-Door Organizer: Most dorm rooms are not overflowing with extra space. That’s where over-the-door organizers come to the rescue. Maximize storage space while still keeping your floor free of clutter.
5. Bookends: Create extra space on shelves and keep those expensive textbooks from toppling over onto the floor with this handy master grip bookend.
Take a little extra time this week to get your things tidied up and organized. You will be surprised that it doesn’t take much effort to come up with a system that works with your lifestyle. Come finals week, you will certainly thank yourself!
Have a fun and helpful organizational tip to share with your comrades? Comment below!