It’s official: college is EXPENSIVE. It turns out that this isn’t exactly a news flash that people are surprised by, though. Tuition increases have become routine within the higher education system due to decreases in state budgets and rising university costs. Despite some states’ attempts to cap tuition increases, tuition continues to rise. Whether you are frustrated, apathetic, or uninformed about all of the extra charges you, or your parents, will be receiving- you can still have a great time at school. Here’s a list of things to do to take your mind off of any tuition woes you may or may not have:
- PLAY DARTS. There are few activities more satisfying that throwing a sharp object at a wall. You could even attach a picture to the dart board and take out any lingering aggression you might have after March Madness.
- PLANT A VEGETABLE GARDEN. Taking time to connect with nature and focus your energy on growing something could be very soothing. You could even concentrate your efforts on growing a tree to produce money.
- RUN IN A CHARITY RACE. Countless studies have revealed that a little exercise can go a very long way to keeping people healthy. Spending time pounding the pavement and producing sweat to raise money and awareness for a good cause can definitely help ameliorate your own money woes.
- READ A BOOK…FOR FUN. This seems insane given that you are forced to read countless pages for class every day, however, getting lost in a fictional world for even a short while can be great for your imagination. Go to your local library and see if you can find something you will enjoy!
- MAKE A MIX CD. Music is a language all by itself, and making a new CD for yourself (using legally purchased music, of course) can help to lighten your spirits. You might even teach yourself a couple of new dance moves when you’re grooving on your way to class.
Frustrated over tuition increases and need to vent? Have a great idea on a change colleges could make to save money? Comment below!