1. Identify Arteries and Veins on checklist on:
Blood vessel Flat board
1/2-size Muscle Figure
Arm and Leg models
Life size Wall Chart.
2. Slides - Identify artery, vein, capillary and aorta.
- Identify the three tunics (wall layers) in all vessels and the tissue that composes each tunic.
Tunica interna (intima)- endothelium (simple squamous epithelium)
Tunica media- smooth muscle
Tunica externa (adventitia)- connective tissue
- Know the blood oxygenation level of systemic arteries and veins. - Identify vessel types and wall layers on model.
3. Special Circulations - identify blood vessels and structures on checklist.
Circle of Willis - identify blood vessels on skull/cervical vertebrae model.
Pulmonary - identify on Torso model and unlabeled Figure 32.14. Know degree of oxygenation in all structures and vessels.
Hepatic Portal - identify vessels on liver model and blood vessels wall chart.
Fetal - identify structures and vessels on model of fetus. Know degree of oxygenation in major vessels and in Figure 32.14(a)
4. X-rays- Identify cardiovascular structures on films on view box in lab.
5. Define: Atherosclerosis and atherosclerotic plaque. Identify on Death of an Artery and arterial plaque models.
1. Identify and define these instruments:
2. Define: Blood Pressure
- What kind of vessel and usual location is it taken?
- What is the Systolic BP? Diastolic BP?
- Normal range of BP?
- Define: Hypotension
3. Define: Pulse
- Identify pulse points on unlabeled diagram, Figure 33A.3
- What are the heart sounds?
- Identify locations that heart valves are best heard, Figure 33A.2
1. Identify organs and structures on checklist on
Flat Lung model...