1. Place the following networking technologies in the order of their highest speed, from slowest to fastest: Fiber optic, dial-up networking, cable modem, Fast Ethernet
Dial-up networking, cable modem, fiber-optic, Fast Ethernet
2. What is the difference between ADSL and SDSL?
ADSL uses one upload speed from the consumer to an ISP and a faster download speed. SDSL uses equal bandwidths in both directions.
3. Among satellite, cable modem, and DSL, which technology experiences more latency?
4. When using DSL to connect to the Internet, the data transmission shares the cabling with what other technology?
5. When using a cable modem to connect to the Internet, the data transmission shares the cabling with what other technology?
6. Which version of 802.11 technologies can use two antennae at both the access point and the network adapter?
7. Which wireless encryption standard is stronger, WEP or WPA?
8. What is the name of the port used by an Ethernet cable? What is the name of the port used by a dial-up modem?
9. If you want to upgrade your 100BaseT Ethernet network so that it will run about 10 times the current speed, what technology would you use?
10. What is the maximum length of a cable on a 100BaseT network?
100 meters or 328 feet
11. What does the 100 in the name 100BaseT indicate?
The transmission speed of the network which is 100 Mbps.
12. Which type of networking cable is more reliable, STP or UTP?
STP is more reliable
13. Which is more expensive, UTP CAT5e cabling or STP CAT5e cabling?
STP CAT5e is more expensive because it is shielded
14. How can you tell the difference between a patch cable and a crossover cable by examining the cable?
Look for the label imprinted on the cable
15. What type of server serves up IP addresses to computers on a... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 10). A+ Guide to Hardware Chapter 10 Answers. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 10, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/a-Guide-To-Hardware-Chapter-10-1186800.html
"A+ Guide to Hardware Chapter 10 Answers" StudyMode.com. 10 2012. 2012. 10 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/a-Guide-To-Hardware-Chapter-10-1186800.html>.
- MLA 7
"A+ Guide to Hardware Chapter 10 Answers." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 10 2012. Web. 10 2012. <http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/a-Guide-To-Hardware-Chapter-10-1186800.html>.
"A+ Guide to Hardware Chapter 10 Answers." StudyMode.com. 10, 2012. Accessed 10, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/a-Guide-To-Hardware-Chapter-10-1186800.html.