Please type the answers of the following questions:
1. What function, other than hearing, do the African Elephant’s ears serve?
Answer: The African elephant uses its ears as signaling organs. Ears are also used to regulate body temperature and are used as a protective feature in the African elephant to ward off potential threats. _______________________________________________________________________
2. What color is the rump of a Hamadryas Baboon?
Answer: The rump of a Hamadryas Baboon is pink.
3. What is the life span of the Serval?
Answer: The lifespan of the Serval is up to 19 years.
4. What is the diet of the DeBrazza Monkey?
Answer: DeBrazza monkeys are omnivores; however, fruits form the most important part of their diet. They also eat flowers, leaves, mushrooms, beetles, termites, worms, and lizards. At the zoo they are offered Monkey Chow, fruits, and vegetables. ________________________________________________________________________
5. The Bateleur Eagle gets his name from the French word for: acrobat. ________________________________________________________________________
6. The Nile Lechwe is known for what?
Answer: The Nile Lechwe is known for its unique naming and looks. ________________________________________________________________________
7. Meerkat packs may consist of how many individuals?
Answer: Meerkat packs consist of up to 40 individuals.
8. How long will Kirk’s Dik-Dik survive in captivity?
Answer: Kirk’s Dik-Dik will survive in captivity for 10 years. ________________________________________________________________________
9. What bird is considered noisy and gets its name from a loud instrument?
Answer: The Lyrebird is considered noisy and gets its name from a loud instrument. ________________________________________________________________________
10. What is the smallest (and cutest) species of fox?
Answer: The smallest species of fox is the Fennec.
11. The spiny liana is cracked by what animal?
Answer: The spiny liana is cracked by the rat.
_______________________________________________________________________ 12. Which area of Africa does the Dwarf Crocodile inhabit?
Answer: The Dwarf Crocodile inhabits the forest areas of Africa. ________________________________________________________________________
13. Which of the African monkeys is the most arboreal?
Answer: The Colobus Monkey is the most arboreal.
14. What is the life span of the African Bullfrog?
Answer: The lifespan of the African Bullfrog is 40 years.
15. What are the three greatest threats to the Savannah Monitor?
Answer: The three greatest threats to the Savannah Monitor are habitat destruction, poor hygiene, and poor nutrition. ________________________________________________________________________
16. Who is the dominant of the group in Patas Monkeys?
Answer: The Patas monkeys have one dominant, completely adult male per group, which have about 15 members. ________________________________________________________________________
17. How fast can the Patas Monkey run (in miles per hour)?
Answer: The Patas monkey can run 35 miles per hour.
18. What is the chemical responsible for the Chilean Flamingo’s color?
Answer: The chemicals responsible for the Chilean’s Flamingo’s color are the Alpha and beta carotenoid pigments....