2. _______ down and go to sleep.
3. Nancy and Betty are _______ of West Virginia University.
4. Michael is entirely _______ in gambling.
5. One who specializes in the treatment of infants is a
6. A person's need to increase his or her vocabulary is directly related to the desire for A. knowledge and understanding.
B. parental approval.
C. achievement in school.
D. a scholarly image.
7. You can feed a(n)
8. The word _______ is an adjective that refers to the eye.
9. One who does not like women is a(n)
10. A person with a "me first" attitude is a/an
11. He was arrested for
12. Between the ages of 20 and 65, the total decrease in learning ability is A. 40–50 percent.
B. about 20 percent.
C. more than 50 percent.
D. less than 15 percent.
13. A verbal dispute is an
14. Which one of the following words has a negative connotation? A. Inoculate
15. One who specializes in the treatment of diseases of the heart is a(n) A. cardiologist.
16. The clerk will wait on the person _______ is next.
17. That British aristocrat is wearing a
18. One who treats afflictions of...