MODULE 2 DBA STUDY GUIDE
4. Relative Location:
6. Code (as in Hammurabi’s):
7. Migration (both internal and external):
10. Enlightenment (as in Buddhist belief):
1. Relative Location: This is one of the 5 themes of geography. It is telling where one place is located compared to another. For example, Jacksonville is north of Miami. The key is to use the directional term (north, south, east, or west).
a. Where is the United States located relative to Canada, Mexico, the Atlantic Ocean, and the Pacific Ocean?
b. Where is Florida located relative to Georgia, the Gulf of Mexico, and the Atlantic Ocean?
2. The Ancient Middle Easter Civilizations: Located in Mesopotamia (meaning, “The Land Between the Rivers” because it is located between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers) a. Name the 5 groups from the Middle East and explain something that they contributed to the modern world: i. Phoenicians: Created a 22 letter alphabet, influenced the English alphabet. ii.
b. Hammurabi’s Code:
i. Importance because it was the first:
3. Ancient Egypt
a. Located near the ________ river, called the “Gift of the _______.” b. Greatest accomplishment:
4. Ancient China
a. Located near the _____________ River.
b. Inventions from the Chinese:
c. The purpose of the Great Wall:
5. Ancient India
a. Located near the ________ River.
b. Caste System:
MODULE 3 DBA STUDY GUIDE
World History – Mrs. Close
1. Monotheistic: A Religion that believes in only 1 God.
1. Identify and describe 4 things that Greece invented or developed that have impacted us today (#1 is already done for you) a. Democracy: This type of government that means “of the people” was created by Athens and is the same type of government the US has. Athens had a “direct democracy” while the US has a “representative democracy”. b.
2. What 2 city-states fought in the Peloponnesian War?
3. How did Geography affect the development of Greece?
1. What are 3 specific things that Caesar did for Rome? a. He gave grain to the peasants
2. What are 4 causes of the fall of Rome?
a. The Empire became too large to manage effectively. At its height, the empire consisted of all of Europe, parts of the Middle East, and parts of North Africa.
Major World Religions
1. Christianity, Islam, and Judaism
a. Have in common:
i. They all started in the Middle East ii. iii. b. Differences:
i. ii. 2. Hinduism, Buddhism
a. Have in common:
i. ii. b. Differences:...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document