Name: Shawna Miller-Rigby
Fill in the blank- 5points each:
Please fill in the blank with a word of phrase that best answers the questions. Be sure to highlight your answer, use bold font or select a different color of lettering to distinguish your answer.
1. Two biological causes of intellectual disabilities include Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and Down Syndrome (presence of extra chromosome).
2. Consistent personality characteristics and behaviors displayed in different situations are known as Traits.
3. While Aptitude tests predict a person’s ability in a specific area; Achievement tests determine the specific level of knowledge in an area.
4. A student would be relying on his/her Fluid intelligence when asked to place the fifty states in alphabetical order.
5. The human resources department of a technical firm might use the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI) in order to screen appropriate applicants for high security jobs.
6. While most major theories of personality stress determinism the Humanistic approach believes in free will.
7. A Learning theorist would suggest that a teenager experiments with cigarettes after she/he observes her/his parent smoking without any consequences.
8. Two major projective personality tests include the Rorschach Test and the Thematic Apperception Test (TAT).
9. A(n) Culture-Fair IQ test attempts to utilize questions that are appropriate to all populations taking the test.
10. The major drawback to the trait approach to personality is that it does not explanations for behavior.
Short Answer- 25 points each
Please answer the two questions below in your own words. Be specific and provide details in your response. Use bold font or select a different color of lettering to distinguish your answer.
**Cutting and pasting information or copying/inadequate paraphrasing from the text will result in a score of zero. This is a quiz not a research... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 04). Week 7 Quiz. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 04, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Week-7-Quiz-981030.html
"Week 7 Quiz" StudyMode.com. 04 2012. 04 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Week-7-Quiz-981030.html>.
"Week 7 Quiz." StudyMode.com. 04, 2012. Accessed 04, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Week-7-Quiz-981030.html.