1. What are the chief elements of Apple’s overall competitive strategy? How well do the pieces fit together? Is the strategy evolving?
2. What are the key elements of Apple’s strategy in computers, personal media players, tablet computers, and smartphones? Have its strategies in its core businesses yielded success? Explain.
3. What does a competitive strength assessment reveal about Apple’s computer business, as compared to the leaders in the computer industry? Use the methodology in Table 4.3 to support your answer. Does it appear that the company’s competitive positions in personal media players, tablet computers, and smartphones are stronger or weaker than its position in computers?
4. Does it make good strategic sense for Apple to be a competitor in the computer, personal media player, smartphone, and tablet computer industries? Are the value chain activities that Apple performs in computers, personal media players, tablet computers and smartphones very similar and “compatible” or are there very important differences from product to product? Which of the four products lines---computers, tablet computers, personal media players, or smartphones---do you think is most important to Apple’s future growth and profitability? Why?
5. What is your assessment of Apple Computer’s financial performance the past three years? (Use the financial ratios in the Appendix of the text as a guide in doing your financial analysis.)
6. What recommendations would you make to allow Apple to strengthen its position in its most important markets? What steps should it take to ensure that the iPad becomes a major contributor to the company’s overall performance?
For Case Study 16 (Cash Connection: Are Its Payday Lender Strategy and Its Business Model Ethical?), the following questions are to be answered within 4-6 pages:
1. What are the dominant economic characteristics... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2013, 02). Two Case Study Questions. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 02, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Two-Case-Study-Questions-1452844.html
"Two Case Study Questions" StudyMode.com. 02 2013. 02 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Two-Case-Study-Questions-1452844.html>.
"Two Case Study Questions." StudyMode.com. 02, 2013. Accessed 02, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Two-Case-Study-Questions-1452844.html.