(Bovee and Thill, 1997, p.320)
1. What courses in school did you like most? Least? Why? 2. What jobs have you held? Why did you leave?
3. What percentage of your college expenses did you earn? How? 4. Why did you choose your particular field of work?
5. Do you prefer to work in any specific geographic location? If so, Why? 6. How much money do you hope to earn at age of 30? Age 35? 7. Do you think that your extracurricular activities while in college were worth the time you devoted to them? Why or Why not? 8. What do you think determines a person’s progress in a good organization? 9. What personal characteristics do you feel are necessary for success in your chosen field? 10. Why do you think you would like this particular type of job? 11. Do you prefer working with others or by yourself?
12. What type of boss do you prefer?
13. Tell me a story!
14. Have you served in the military? What rank did you achieve? What jobs did you perform? 15. When did you choose your college major? What rank did you achieve? What jobs did you perform? 16. When did you choose your college major? Did you ever change your major? If so, Why? 17. Have you ever had any difficulty getting along with other students? With instructors? With co-workers or supervisors? 18. Which of your college years was the toughest?
19. Would you prefer to work in a large or a small organization? Why? 20. Do you like travel?
21. How do you feel about overtime work?
22. What do you think about how this industry operates today? 23. What are the disadvantages of your chosen field?
24. Do you think grades should be considered by employers? Why or Why not? 25. What have you done that shows initiative and willingness to work?