3. Integrity & not to have prejudice
4. Racism, tolerance
5. Scout’s teacher, Calpurnia, and Atticus.
6. Walter is more independence; his home life isn’t very good. 7. It suggests she’s a no-nonsense type of person.
9. Scouts learns to accept others such as Walter
10. He means that you can't understand a person until you 'live their life'. This is hard for Scout to learn as she is young and doesn't understand Atticus at the beginning. 11. She’s confused and doesn’t like them.
12. They play boo’s game
13. They found it a fun way to pass the time.
14. Atticus doesn't overreact. He questions them, taking the scissors away. He’s a good father/role model. 15.
16. Dill and Scout don't have much of a relationship. Dill seems to have forgotten that he was "in love" with her and becomes close to Jem. 17. She's sharp tongued, honest, benevolent to the children, great at baking cakes and gardening, is sympathetic towards Boo Radley. She's the children's best friend and kind of a mother figure to Scout. 18. He said Boo is a person and should be treated as such, not as a game. 19. They sneak over to the radley's house and peek through a loose shutter. When asked where Jem's pants were, their cover up was that he lost them to Dill in a game of poker. 20. A “negro” and it reveals the prejudice going on in that time. 21. The fear was of being caught.
22. No he doesn’t because he knows why they are there.
23. When Jem and Scout went to put the letter in the hole in the tree they saw that the hole had been plugged over with cement. Boo's older brother Mr. Radley did so. 24. There is evidence that jem is more mature and older in this chapter because when he tells scout" don’t you cry, scout don’t cry now, don’t you worry" it shows that jem is more mature and comforts her when she is upset. 25. 1. In chapter 8, it reveals that in Maycomb County it was very cold weather, and snowy. On page 85 it stated how Atticus said it was the coldest weather since 1885 and the "experienced prophets" turned autumn to winter. Also, on page 86, Scout woke up screaming "The world's endin' Atticus! Please do something - !" He replied, "No it's not, it's snowing." This weather was very shocking for the people in Maycomb County. 26. The snow man is unacceptable to Atticus because it looks so much like Mr. Avery. 27. The people have a very close community and always help each other out when someone in Maycomb is having a hard time. 28. Uncle Jack is the new character who supports them. He loves them, and is very nice to them. 29. Atticus feels he should defend tom Robinson, because he believes in equality and also he believes that he will net be respected if he does not. It’s not common. 30. They like Uncle Jack and the tree but dislike the rest of the family. 31. She’s acting too old in a bad way.
32. Aunt Alexandra is very moralistic, opinionated, and very proper. She disapproves of Scout because she is a tomboy with different interests than her Aunt has. 33. There will be issues with the trial and people will talk poorly about Atticus because of it. 34. He’s trying to teach his children about love and acceptance of others. 35. After Scout and Jem see Atticus shoot the dog they realize that he isn't less manly than the other fathers and he has a skill that is well appreciated. 36. Atticus thinks that it is a sin to kill a mockingbird because they do not do anything wrong, but only provides us with music. 37. Heck Tate was very hesitant about shooting Tim Johnson because he confessed that he had a very bad shot. 38. Scout and Jem have different view of this because Scout is very proud of the fact that Atticus can shoot very well but Jem isn't sure if it’s the right thing to do because he is thinking before his actions and thinking about what the...