Test Corrections- Chap 1 and 2
*I missed questions # 6, 15, 22, 23, 24, 25, 35, and 39*
6. The statement, “people who have more than 12 years of education and who own a personal computer are more likely to use online dating services than those who have less than 12 years of education and who do not own a personal computer” is a:
Incorrect answer: B- theory
Correct answer: A- Hypothesis, The statement above shows an educated guess between these two variables and how they are related to eachother. These guesses don’t state whether they have accumulated supporting data. A Theory is a statement regarding how and why facts are related to eachother and the connections between those facts.
15. Which of the following is an advantage of using meso-level anaylsis?
Incorrect answer: C- It helps explain how larger social forces shape everyday aspects of social life Correct answer: B- it is important for the study of processes and institutions in a society. Meso levels of analysis focus on the intermediate sized social units. These groups are smaller than the nation or global groups, but they are still beyond the everyday personal experience and control of individuals.
22. One critique of symbolic interaction that theory is that it:
Incorrect answer: C- neglects the meso level
Correct answer: B- neglects the macro level. This theory focuses on interpersonal interactions, which is difficult to do at the macro level. Bigger issues (like economic depression) are not considered in a meso or micro level.
23. Which of the following theories can be used with all three levels of analysis?
Incorrect answer: A-conflict theory
Correct answer: B- feminist theory. This theory points to the importance of gender (and other minorities) as a variable influencing social life. This can be looked at in all levels of analysis.
24. Your sociology class is an example of a large group, according to sociological definition of large groups.
Incorrect answer: True...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document