Based on Levis Strauss unique resources and capabilities as to be the first mover in the industry and one of the ten top US recognize brand name has to continue developing new products (as the jacket with MP3) and looking after new markets (example Russia and Central Europe) this will allow to adapt to the fast consumers taste changes and to move away from the saturation of the jeans market. The company offers its products under brands such as Levi's, Dockers, dENiZEN and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co. The company sells its products through dedicated stores, multi branded stores, franchise stores, company owned stores and mass channel retailers. The company operates more than 2,300 franchised stores and company-operated stores. Levi Strauss & Co., along with its subsidiaries, sells its products in 110 countries across three geographical regions namely, Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific. The company is headquartered in San Francisco (California), the US.
• Brand Name
• Finance and Access to international capital
• Expertise in Jean's industry -R&D
• Distribution Channels and global sourcing.
Has over 470 self operated stored globally managed by 16000+ employees. Over 60 and 25 manufacturing plants in US and abroad respectively. * Advertising effectiveness is excellent.
* High costs of brand protection
• Lack of control over quality (licensing)
• Lack of control over distribution decisions (Retailers pressures to stop selling on the Web) • Distribution conflicts (Large food retailers i.e. Tesco have been selling Levi products at lower prices than standard, damaging other channel s such as Levis Strauss stores). * Increasing competition means limited scope for growth
• Arising of new markets such as Central Europe and Russia (to supply local demand) • Technological development lower production and coordination activities • Low...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document