Using Multiple Intelligences to Enhance Studying and Learning
Know Thyself: Understanding Multiple Intelligences: Your Multiple Intelligences Survey
So, what do you think of the theory of multiple intelligences? Does it make you curious as to your own dominant intelligence? What do you think that might be? You can take a simple assessment and find out.
Remember that any assessment is simply a tool that can be used to help you take an inventory of yourself. Assessments are not true diagnoses of characteristics. Take the information you learn on the following assessment to help you determine your stronger and weaker multiple intelligences.
Directions: Read each statement carefully and thoroughly. After reading the statement, rate your response using the scale below. There are no right or wrong answers. This is not a timed survey. When you’ve completed the assessment, find your score using the instructions that follow the survey. The MIS is based, in part, on Frames of Mind by Howard Gardner, 1983.
3 = Often Applies
2 = Sometimes Applies
1 = Never or Almost Never Applies
1. When someone gives me directions, I have to visualize them in my mind in order to understand them. 1 2 3
2. I enjoy crossword puzzles and word games like Scrabble. 1 2 3
3. I enjoy dancing and can keep up with the beat of music. 1 2 3
4. I have little or no trouble conceptualizing information or facts. 1 2 3
5. I like to repair things that are broken such as toasters, small engines, bicycles, and cars. 1 2 3
6. I enjoy leadership activities on campus and in the community. 1 2 3
7. I have the ability to get others to listen to me. 1 2 3
8. I enjoy working with nature, animals, and plants. 1 2 3
9. I know where everything is in my home such as supplies, gloves, flashlights, camera, and compact discs. 1 2 3... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2013, 02). Study Plan. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 02, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Study-Plan-1419035.html
"Study Plan" StudyMode.com. 02 2013. 02 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Study-Plan-1419035.html>.
"Study Plan." StudyMode.com. 02, 2013. Accessed 02, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Study-Plan-1419035.html.