Glossary of Terms
1) Insurmountable – too great to be overcome
2) Victimization – becoming a victim
3) Dysfunction – abnormality or impairment in the function of a specified bodily organ or system 4) Neglect – the state or fact of being uncared for
5) Delinquency – minor crime committed by young people
6) Offenders – a person who commits an illegal act
7) Sexual assault – any type of sexual activity that you do not agree to. 8) Isolation – the process or fact of isolating or being isolated 9) Jailer – a person in charge of a jail or of the prisoners in it. 10) Crime – an action or omission that constitutes an offense.
Campaign for youth justice “placing juveniles in the adult criminal justice system is counterproductive” juvenile Crime. Ed. Louise I.Gerdes. Detroit: Greenhaven Press, 2012. Opposing view points.Rpt. from “jailing juveniles: the danger of incarcerating youth in adult jail in America “www.campaingforyouthjustice.org.2007. opposing viewpoints in context. Thursday.10 April.2014 Http://www.eji.org/childrenprison
McCrea Hannah “juveniles should Not Be Tried in Adult Court.” Should juveniles be tried as adults? Ed. Judy Layzei. San Diego : Greenhaven Press, 2005. At issue. Rpt. From “ A double Standard for American juveniles. “ the seminal.com . 2007. Opposing Viewpoints in Context. Thursday. 10 April. 2014
Should Juveniles be tried as adults?
Should juveniles be tried as adults? Many juveniles have been placed in adult jails and have been tried as adults. They have been in risk of physical and sexual assault, and most of them are younger than 17 and 15 stopping their education, because of many reasons I believe that juveniles should not be tried as adults and not be sended to adult jail.
When juveniles are placed in adult jail they are in risk of physical and sexual assault...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document