Exam 1 Study Review
The exam will cover chapters 1-4 from the textbook.
Format: 34 multiple choice questions of approximately equal weightage from each of the four chapters.
Resources to study:
* Lecture Notes ( If you have missed a class, please obtain the notes from a classmate) * The textbook
* Closely read the sections covered in the lectures * Closely read the material related to the main ideas listed below
* Describe a supply chain and define supply chain management. * Describe the objectives and elements of supply chain management. * Describe a brief history and some of the trends of supply chain management. * Understand the range of supply chain management activities common to both services and manufacturing * BUY – Supply
* MAKE – Operations
* SHIP – Logistics
* Coordination - Integration
* Understand the current trends in Supply Chain Management
* Understand the role of supply management and its strategic impact on an organization’s competitive advantage * Understand the profit leverage of effective purchasing * Have a basic knowledge of the manual purchasing process, e-procurement, small value procurement * Understand strategic nature of the “make or buy” decision * Understand sourcing decisions and the factors impacting supplier selection * Describe the various considerations in assessing the Total Cost of Ownership * Understand how a supplier portfolio is managed
* Describe the opportunities and challenges of global sourcing
* Explain the importance of supplier partnerships
* Understand the key factors for developing successful partnerships * Understand the principles behind the Weighted Criteria Evaluation System * Understand the purpose and creation of a supplier certification program * Explain the importance of a supplier...