2. news item: an account of news presented by a journalist, in a print or broadcast medium
3. document giving information: a document that gives information about an investigation or a piece of research, often put together by a group of people working together
4. unconfirmed account: a widely-known account of something that may be true but has not been confirmed
"Report had it that the company was approaching bankruptcy."
5. business periodic statement of company's finances: a detailed periodic account of a company's activities, financial condition, and prospects that is made available to stockholders and investors
"a quarterly report"
6. U.K. education
Same as report card
7. sharp loud noise: a very sharp loud noise, especially that of an explosion or gunshot
8. reputation: reputation or perceived character
1. law accounts of court cases: written accounts of a court's adjudication, summarizing arguments and findings
[ 14th century. Via French < Latin reportare "carry back" < portare "carry" ]
Synonyms: tale, statement, description, testimony, story, account, chronicle, narrative, version
Synonyms: loud noise, bang, boom, crash, explosion, shot, noise, echo
Synonyms: give an account, state, describe, give details, testify, convey, inform, recount, tell, relate, narrate
Synonyms: show up, arrive, check in, register, present yourself, turn up
Select a languageSpanishItalianGermanFrench
1. noun (account) informe masculine
by journalist reportaje masculine
2. transitive verb facts informar
to authorities informar de, dar parte de
report a person to the police denunciar a alguien a la policía
he is reported to be in Washington se dice que está en Washington
3. intransitive verb of journalist informar
(present oneself) presentarse (to ante)
1. noun (account ) resoconto masculine... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 12). Report. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 12, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Report-1295506.html
"Report" StudyMode.com. 12 2012. 12 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Report-1295506.html>.
"Report." StudyMode.com. 12, 2012. Accessed 12, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Report-1295506.html.