CLASS : 5 AGSUBJECT : ENGLISHDATE : 19 February 2013TIME : 1.10 pm – 2.30 pm| TEACHER : Cik Nurul ‘AtiqahLESSON SERIES : /2013TOPIC : Model Sentences For Informal Letter |
Some common opening remarks are :
1. How are you? I hope you and all at home are in the pink.
2. Thank you for your interesting letter which I received a few days ago. 3. I received your letter yesterday / a few days ago.
4. What a surprise! It’s really good to hear from you.
5. How is everyone in the family? Well, I hope you are fine. 6. I am really glad to hear from you after such a long time. 7. How are you? I am sorry I couldn’t write earlier as I was busy preparing for my examination. 8. This letter will probably come as a surprise to you.
9. What a pleasant surprise it was to hear from you after such a long time.
1. Would you like to join me on a trip to Pulau Redang?
2. How about coming over to Penang next weekend?
3. I would like to invite you to my sister’s wedding which will take place on the 15th of October. 4. My friends and I are planning to go camping during the coming holidays. Why don’t you and your friends come along? 5. If you have not made any plans for the holidays, perhaps you would like to join us on a trip to Genting Highlands.
Responding to Invitations / Accepting Invitations
1. I’d be glad to join you and your friends on the trip to Cameron Highlands. 2. I’d love to come over to your house this weekend.
3. Thank you for your invitation. I’d be glad to come to your farewell party. 4. Of course I would love to attend your sister’s wedding. Thank you for inviting me.
1. Thank you for your invitation. However, I am sorry I will have to turn it down as I have already promised my mother that I’d go shopping with her. 2. Although I’d love to join you, I am sorry to say that I will not be able to make it as I have to...