Recruitment is the most important functions in an organization because with the help of these functions the management selects the best available candidate from a batch of them. The organizations, in this growing competitive world, need to have the best of the manpower so as to have an edge over its competitive. According to Flippo, "Recruitment is the process of searching for prospective employees and stimulating and encouraging them to apply for jobs in an organization."
In the words of Yoder,"Recruitment is a process to discover the sources of manpower to meet the requirements of the staffing schedule and to employ effective measured for attracting that manpower in adequate numbers to facilitate effective selection of an efficient working force."
Features of recruitment :-
* Recruitment is a process or a series of activities rather than a singleevent.
* It is a linking activity as it brings together the employers and employees.
* It is positive process because in this activity the employers want to have the maximum number of job seekers so as to have a wider scope for choice ultimately leading in spotting right persons for job.
* It is an important function as it makes it possible to acquire the number and type of persons required for the effective functioning of the organization.
* It is an on-going function in all the organizations, but the volume and nature of recruitment varies with the size, nature and environment of the organization.
* It is a complex process because a number of factors affect it like the nature of the job offered, image of the organization, organizational policies, working conditions etc.
SOURCES OF RECRUITMENT:-
* Internal Sources:
* Present Employees who can be transferred or given promotions.
* The retired and retrenched employees who want to return tothe company.
* Dependents and relatives of the deceased and disabled... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 09). Recruitment and Selection. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 09, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Recruitment-And-Selection-1079944.html
"Recruitment and Selection" StudyMode.com. 09 2012. 2012. 09 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Recruitment-And-Selection-1079944.html>.
- MLA 7
"Recruitment and Selection." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 09 2012. Web. 09 2012. <http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Recruitment-And-Selection-1079944.html>.
"Recruitment and Selection." StudyMode.com. 09, 2012. Accessed 09, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Recruitment-And-Selection-1079944.html.