YOU MAY WANT TO PRINT THIS GUIDE.
1. The quizzes and final exam are "open book, open notes." The maximum time you can spend on a quiz is 45 minutes. On the final you will have 3 hours and 30 minutes. If you have not clicked the “Submit For Grade” button by the end of the allotted time, you will be automatically exited from the exam. In the final exam environment, the Windows clipboard is disabled, so you will not be able to copy exam questions or answers to or from other applications. 2. You should click the “Save Answers” button in the exam frequently. This helps prevent connection timeouts that might occur with certain Internet Service Providers, and also minimizes lost answers in the event of connection problems. If your Internet connection does break, when you reconnect, you will normally be able to get back into your final exam without any trouble. Remember, though, that the exam timer continues to run while students are disconnected, so students should try to re-login as quickly as possible. The Help Desk cannot grant any student additional time on the exam. 3. See Syllabus "Due Dates for Assignments & Exams" for due date information. 4. Reminders
* You will only be able to enter your online quizzes and final exam one time. * Click the "Save Answers" button often.
* If you lose your Internet connection during a quiz or the final exam, logon again and try to access it. If you are unable to enter it again, first contact the Help Desk and then your instructor. * You will always be able to see the time remaining in the quiz or final exam at the top right of the page.
5. There are multiple pages on the final exam.
* Make sure you click the "Save Answers" button before advancing to the next page (we also suggest clicking on “Save Answers” while you are working). * Complete all of the pages before submitting your Final Exam for instructor review. * Do NOT use your browser's 'Back' and 'Forward' buttons during the final exam. * Please use the provided links for navigation.
6. Submitting your quiz or final exam
* When you are finished with a quiz or the final exam, click on the "Submit for Grade" button. * Please note: Once you click the "Submit for Grade" button, you will NOT be able to edit or change any of your answers.
7. Quiz and Exam Questions
* On each quiz, there are 10 multiple-choice questions each worth 5 points and one essay question worth 10 points for a total of 30 points. * On the final exam, there are 30 randomly selected multiple-choice questions each worth 5 points and 5 essay questions worth 30 points for a total of 300 points (150 multiple choice points, 150 essay points). * The final exam covers all course TCOs and Weeks 1-7.
* The quizzes only cover the TCO’s for that week.
* The final exam contains 3 pages, which can be completed in any order. You may go back and forth between the pages. * The quiz and final exam questions are pooled. This means that not everyone will have the same questions. Even if you do have some of the same questions, they may not be in the same order. These questions are distributed amongst the TCOs. * On the essay questions, your answers should be succinct, fully address each part of the question, and demonstrate your knowledge and understanding in a concise but complete answer. Most essay questions require answers that are a couple of paragraphs (not a couple of sentences) that directly speak to each part of the question. Some students opt to work on the essay questions first, due to their higher point value and length of time needed to adequately address each question, but this is entirely your choice. * Remember to always use proper citation when quoting other sources. This means that ANY borrowed material (even a short phrase) should be placed in quotation marks with the source (URL, author/date/page #) immediately following the end of the passage...