REQUIRED OUTLINE FOR COURSE PROJECT
IN “PUBLIC POLICY AND BUSINESS” MGMT 2850
(The Full/Proper Name of the Law, with the “Public Law” Number Example: The Clean Air Act of 1980, PL 94-203
• Explain the purposes of the paper
• Describe the circumstances that led to enactment of the law (who sponsored the bill, supporting and opposing groups, public reaction, etc.) • Describe a brief overview of the selected Public Law
• Provide the following statement: Relevant learning outcomes from “Public Policy and Business” will be identified and described later in this paper.
II. SUMMARY OF (Name of law and Relevant Title or Section)
Describe the Public Law providing a thorough summary of the specific Title or Section(s) of the law that will be addressed in the paper.
III. Analyze the impacts of this law on business (as a specific industry or company; or in rare cases, business in general) using documented examples, cases, or court cases from appropriate sources.
• Be sure to describe your concept of business. For example: For the purposes of this paper, business is described as lending institutions in the U.S. • Describe how the law creates/addresses a specific issue related to business (as you described business in the above statement.) The specific issue must be stated in the form of a question!! • Explain how business should comply with (or apply) the law • Explain why compliance with (or the application of) the law is important to business • Give a potential cause and effect relationship that may exist if: o Business DOES comply with (or apply) the law
o Business DOES NOT comply with (or apply) the law
Analyze the impacts of this law on government (as a specific agency or department of the federal government using documented examples, cases, or court cases from appropriate sources.
• Be sure to describe your concept of government. For example: For the purposes of...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document