PREVIEW: BUS C150 QUIZ 4 – 15th Ed.
1. The type of advertising that seeks to develop initial demand for a newly introduced good, service, organization, person, place, idea, or cause is known as _____ advertising. - informative
2. Persuasive advertising:
- increases demand for an existing good or service, organization, or other concept.
3. Coke and Pepsi feature nearly three dozen movie starts, athletes, musicians, and television personalities as spokespeople in their effort to increase cola sales. Such promotional efforts are called: - celebrity testimonials.
4. According to studies, consumers respond with suspicion to: - retail price advertisements.
5. Oriental Insurance promotes identity theft insurance with an advertisement that warns of stolen credit cards and falsified social security numbers. Which appeal is being used in this commercial to motivate the viewer to act? - Fear
6. Nathan, a teenager, often visits Facebook. If MySpace inserts a link on his Facebook page that redirects him to the MySpace webpage, such ads would be examples of _____. - missiles
7. Lack of flexibility compared to other media is the biggest disadvantage of: - magazines.
8. The number of times a person is exposed to an advertisement during a certain time period is known as: - frequency
9. The role of a sales representative in the promotion process has changed from that of persuader to that of: - consultant and problem solver.
10. Company executives usually recognize a good salesperson as a worker: - who can solve problems, communicate clearly, and be consistent.
11. Which of the following is not a function of relationship selling? - Focusing on meeting the customer’s short-term needs.
12. One important advantage of personal selling over most advertising is: - the ability to actually demonstrate the good or service.
13. Many credit cards offer so-called “teaser” rates –- low introductory rates that rise...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document