1. Which of the following statements regarding the nature of the business market is true? - Personal selling plays a larger role in business products markets than in consumer markets.
2. Which of the following is the largest segment of the business market? - The commercial market, which includes who acquires products to support production of other goods and services.
3. Which of the following statements does not describe the advantage of leasing? - requires a high level of capital commitment
4. Businesses choose outsourcing as an alternative to making goods in-house providing in-house services when: - they need to reduce costs to remain competitive.
5. Which of the following statements is true regarding the influence of organizational factors on purchasing decisions? - Personal selling skills and user preferences carry more weight in decentralized purchasing situations.
6. Related party trade is defined as the trade relationship between: - a corporation and its overseas subsidiaries.
7. A nation’s size, per-capita income, and stage of economic development determine its prospects as a host for _____. - international business expansion
8. The Export Trading Company Act of 1982, exempts companies from _____ so they can form export groups that offer a variety of products to foreign buyers. - antitrust regulations
9. A complete ban on the import of a product is known as a(n) _____. - embargo
10. The ideal way for a nation to stop a foreign company from dumping is to: - impose protective tariffs.
11. In recent years, advances in computer technology have significantly changed the nature of marketing research by: - allowing marketers to evaluate alternatives through the use of computer simulations
12. Wal-Mart prefers transaction records sorted by customer type, product, sales method, type of order, and order size. Analyzing internal data sorted in this manner is...