1)A Different History-
- How does Sujata BHatt convey her concern for her mother tongue in 'A Different History' - Explore how A Different History powerfully conveys Sujata Bhatt's feelings about the oppresion of language and culture.
- Explore what you find most striking about the imagery in 'Pied Beauty' or 'The Woodspurge' - What is God being praised for? What do you find so striking or original or beautiful in this poem which celebrates the breath-taking variety of nature in its many forms.
- Explore the wasy Allen Curnow builds up the image of his depression, originated from a poetic block, in this poem. - Some poems tell a story. Show how you think Allen Curnow makes the story of his mental conflict (creative struggle) and gladual change of mood so compelling. - How does Allen Curnow powerfully convey the difficulties of writing a poem?
- The main focus of teaching and learning is likely to be the various descriptions of horses and the speaker's feelings towards the horses. - Explore the ways Edwin Muir powerfully conveys his feelings of childhood and the fleeting time.
- In either 'Hunting Snake' or "pike' explore how the poet's words vividly portray the deadly image of the predator. - What are your feelings as you read 'Hunting Snake'?
- Explore the ways the poetss conyeys the effect of the hunting snake on the speaker and her walking companion.
- In either 'Hunting Snake' or 'Pike' explore how the poet's words vividly portray the deadly image of the predator. - Explore in detail how the poet memorably portrays the primitive and malevolent fish in 'Pike'.
- Explore what you find most striking about the imagery in 'A Birthday' and 'Pied Beauty'. - How has the poetess effectively used the images of nature to convey her feeling of hapiness in 'A Bithday'?
- How does Dante Gabriel Rossetti involve nature as a backdrop for his depressed state...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document