* Investing more in the railways by the Government would give environmental benefit but at the cost of the taxpayers money; * An introducing lower road tax for the newer cars make number of new cars owners increase; * Open access to rail infrastructure is available to other operator; * New Government may implement new international policies that may not necessary be advantageous for the Irish Rail;
* More jobs means more commuting;
* Business expansion means more business travel;
* Investing in major project to reduce delays;
* The absence of large, heavy industry, such as coal, iron, est. . for which it is ideally suited;
* People are aware that there are more accidents on the Road * The Rail covers most parts of the country, it means that Irish Rail has an important relationship with the public. * Rail has a major role to play in educating the public especially children about the dangers of the rail environment. * Persuading the public that rail travel is a real alternative to car use is vital
* Some railways need to be transform and adopted to rail freight * Rail is environmentally friendly and safely
* Irish Rail has use advanced technology to reduces costs, running to time.