OVERVIEW OF EDUCATION IN HEALTH CARE
* a process concerned with designing, implementing and evaluating educational programs that enable families, grups, organizations and communities to play active roles in achieving, protecting ang sustaining health. Role of education
* Helping the patients and their families assume responsibility for self- care management. ROLES AND FUNCTIONS OF THE EDUCATOR
* Educating and training the learner toward good, true and beautiful * Possess necessary attitude and competencies related to teaching-learning process. * Know how to help people that more satisfying to society. * An advocate of tender loving care into the practice of profession. Patricia Benner – provide a model “From Novice to Expert” that identified five levels of competency in nursing practice. * Novice
* Advance beginner
PARADIGM SHIFT IN THE CONCEPT OF HEALTH (WHO)
* 1995 – WHO issued a statement which included a paradigm shift in the concept of health from being “disease-centered to people-centered focusing on positive health as part of human development… a change from physician-dependent cure or treatment modality to preventive care and sustained health through people-empowered healthy options.”
THE LEGAL BASIS OF HEALTH EDUCATION IN THE PHILIPPINES
Philippine Constitution of 1987, Art. 11, Sec. 15
* “The State shall protect and promote the right to health of the people and instill health consciousness among .” Art. XIII, Sec. 11
* Stated that the State shall adopt an integrated and comprehensive approach to health development. THE LEGAL BASIS OF HEALTH EDUCATION IN THE NURSING CURRICULUM RA 9173
* States that “The nursing education program shall provide sound general and professional foundation for the practice based on national and universal nursing core competencies.
ROLE - Defined as a function, responsibility ,job, duty ,task,...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document