WordPad is a free text editor/word processing program included in most Microsoft Windows Operating Systems. It has more features than the text editor Notepad.
note: The numbers indicated correspond to the numbers below. Refer to the definition below to learn about the name for each label.
Parts of the WordPad Environment
1. Title Bar displays the name of the application and/or the name of the active document.
2. Menu bar displays the different menus. A menu is made up of several commands.
3. Command buttons contains buttons that allow you to minimize, maximize and exit the application.
4. Standard toolbar contains icons and buttons for frequently used Menu commands like “Cut, Copy and Paste”.
5. Formatting toolbar contains shortcut buttons for commonly used format menu commands such as font formats, and text position.
6. Ruler Help you position text or objects and let you set margins, tabs, and indents.
7. Status bar displays information about the document or selected command.
8. Workspace Area is where you enter and edit text in the document.
Scroll bar allows you to move the document in the window up or down.
BASIC KEYBOARD KEYS AND FUNCTIONS
1. Esc key is a shortcut key for closing the application.
2. A function key is a key on a computer keyboard which can be programmed to perform certain actions in an operating system or application program. On some keyboards/computers, function keys may have default actions, accessible on power-on.
3. Print screen (often abbreviated, such as Prt Scr, Print Scrn, or Prnt Scrn) is a key present on most computer keyboards, typically situated in the same section as the break and Scroll lock keys. Print screen is shared withSysRq. Under earlier command-line based operating systems, this caused an exact copy of the current screen output to be sent to the standard printer port, usually LPT1. In essence, whatever... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2013, 02). Notes 1. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 02, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Notes-1-1396097.html
"Notes 1" StudyMode.com. 02 2013. 2013. 02 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Notes-1-1396097.html>.
- MLA 7
"Notes 1." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 02 2013. Web. 02 2013. <http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Notes-1-1396097.html>.
"Notes 1." StudyMode.com. 02, 2013. Accessed 02, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Notes-1-1396097.html.