English 9 honors/Pre-AP/Period 1
25 April 2013
2) G-Stein of Antwerp
3) D-Madame Schachter
4) B-Moshe the Beadle
6) H-Dr. Menglele
7) D- Madame Schachter
8) B- Moshe the Beadle
9) C- Mr. Wiesel
10) B-Moshe the Beadle
1. Holocaust- A great or complete devastation or destruction, especially by fire. 2. Synagogue- A synagogue is a Jewish house of worship, often having facilities for religious instruction. 3. Cabbala-Cabbala is an ancient Jewish mystical tradition based on an esoteric interpretation of the Old Testament. 4. Ghetto-The ghetto is a section of a city, especially a thickly populated slum area. 5. Deportation- The lawful expulsion of an undesired alien or other person from a state. 6. Genocide-the deliberate and systematic extermination of a national, racial, political, or cultural group. 7. Aryan-A non-Jewish Caucasian, especially of Nordic stock. 8. Yom Kippur-A Jewish high holy day observed on the 10th day of the month of Tishri by abstinence from food and drink and by the daylong recitation of prayers of repentance in the synagogue. Section 5
1) S “…added a touch of unreality to the scene” to “…a page torn from some story book” 2) M “…everything was free for anyone” to “ An open tomb” 3) M “ The roof were some blue-tinged skylights” to “ the antechamber of hell” 4) M “Propaganda of Jews” to “injection of morphine” 5) M “ eyes becoming blank” to “two pits of terror” 6) S “ bodies stacked on one another” to “dust-covered tombstones” Section 6
1. Camp has turned my life into one long nightmare.
2. The other countries must not be aware.
3. Children being shot “bang bang” with a gun-seeing this makes me feel numb. 4. All the Jews treated like scum
1. The other countries must not be aware.
2. Aren’t we all human, why aren’t we being treated fair? 3. All the Jews treated like scum
4. Before this...