As you read this week’s textbook reading assignments, take notes in response to these questions and statements. This study guide will help you to prepare for your quiz.
1. Why did God reject Eli's family from priesthood?
2. What was significant about the birth and childhood of Samuel?
3. Why did the Israelites decide they needed a king?
4. What were the good features that made Saul appear to be the right choice at first?
5. What were Saul’s fatal character flaws, and how did he demonstrate them?
6. What did God look for in a king?
7. How did David show that he had kingly qualities?
8. Contrast David and Saul during the years after David was anointed.
9. What was tragic about Saul’s death?
1. Describe how David exhibited his faith in times of adversity as Saul pursued him.
2. What is the function of psalms? How do the different types of psalms achieve this?
3. Why was David at first crowned king of Judah only?
4. What are the steps that led to David’s becoming king of the entire nation?
5. Why was David not allowed to build a temple?
6. How did David demonstrate his human weaknesses?
7. Describe the process by which Solomon became king.
8. What is the function of Proverbs?
9. Contrast Proverbs and Ecclesiastes.
10. What was Solomon’s greatest building project, and why was it so significant?
11. What led to Solomon’s failure?
1. Why did the northern tribes leave the kingdom of Israel?
2. What steps did Jeroboam take to establish a separate identity for the Northern Kingdom?
3. Why is Omri largely ignored in the biblical record?
4. What did Ahab do that showed the direction the Northern Kingdom was going?
5. What is the significance of Jezebel?
6. What was the function of a prophet, and how was that function fulfilled?
7. Compare the ministries of Elijah and Elisha.
8. What is the significance of Micaiah?... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 09). Module 4 Study Guide. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 09, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Module-4-Study-Guide-1086101.html
"Module 4 Study Guide" StudyMode.com. 09 2012. 2012. 09 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Module-4-Study-Guide-1086101.html>.
- MLA 7
"Module 4 Study Guide." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 09 2012. Web. 09 2012. <http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Module-4-Study-Guide-1086101.html>.
"Module 4 Study Guide." StudyMode.com. 09, 2012. Accessed 09, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Module-4-Study-Guide-1086101.html.