1. Discuss how a fast-food restaurant could measure its quality effectiveness using each of the following definitions of quality: product-based, user-based, value-based, and manufacturing-based.
2. Compare and contrast the following definitions of quality. Definition 1: Quality is the totality of features and characteristics of a product or service that bears on its ability to satisfy given needs. Definition 2: Quality is meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
3. Explain the three core principles of total quality.
4. Discuss how front-line employees are critical to customer assessment of service quality. Identify the challenges faced by front-line employees.
5. Discuss the importance of employees and information technology in the delivery of service quality. Use two examples of service firms to help support your discussion.
6. Crosby states that the ‘zero defects’ concept is widely misunderstood and resisted. Explain the zero defects concept. Why might Deming and Juran disagree with Crosby that zero defects should be openly promoted as a goal?
1. Discuss the barriers to change in driving quality initiatives.
2. Describe how a Six Sigma project may lead to increase customer satisfaction.
3. The focus of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award includes all of the following EXCEPT:
to recognize the achievements of high quality companies.
to establish guidelines and criteria for evaluation of quality improvement efforts.
to provide detailed information on how award winning enterprises achieved success.
to encourage the use of quantitative analysis to improve quality.
4. “Moments of truth” are instances when:
new products are launched.
a firm is audited.
a customer comes into contact with an employee.
a new competitor enters the market with higher quality.
5. Characteristics of effective strategic leadership include all of the following EXCEPT:
serving as both leaders... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 03). Mid-Term. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 03, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Mid-Term-955525.html
"Mid-Term" StudyMode.com. 03 2012. 2012. 03 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Mid-Term-955525.html>.
- MLA 7
"Mid-Term." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 03 2012. Web. 03 2012. <http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Mid-Term-955525.html>.
"Mid-Term." StudyMode.com. 03, 2012. Accessed 03, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Mid-Term-955525.html.