Exercise 8: Photosynthesis
This exercise is worth a total of 15 points.
To receive full credit for Exercise 8, you must submit the following:
1) The typed Exercise 8 report form, complete with all of your data recorded and questions answered.
2) A full scientific report for the Part I experiment that your group conducted. Use the supplemental guide to writing a scientific report to help you produce this report.
Part 1: Does light matter?
Table 8.1: Group and Class rates for Photosynthesis by Elodea sprigs.
|Light Condition |Final pH |Water Movement (GROUP |Water Movement (CLASS |Photosynthesis Rate |Photosynthesis Rate | | | |TOTAL) |TOTAL) |mm/min (GROUP TOTAL) |mm/min | | | | | | |(CLASS TOTAL) | |light | | | | | | |no light | | | | | |
1. Write out the formula for photosynthesis. Then, think about your Elodea plants -- identify where each reactant comes from and identify where each product will end up as these plants carry out photosynthesis.
2. Brainstorm: what are some possible ways we could measure the rate of photosynthesis in this plant?
3. Write out the formula for cellular respiration. Then, think about your Elodea plants – do they conduct cellular respiration? Identify where each reactant comes from and where each product will end up as these plants...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document