1.0 Introduction to the Internship Study
1.1 Background of the Study
As per the requirement of Bangalore University to submit the internship report during third semester of the MBA program, the students need to submit the report conducted in a particular organisation under the university’s prescribed format during the summer holidays after the completion of the second semester examination. The primary reason for this internship is to make the students acquainted with the real world business practices and to implement the theoretical knowledge acquired by the students in the real business world. Master of Business Administration, a course prescribed by Bangalore University, includes the mixture of basic theoretical foundation as well as practical knowledge required for today's management students. Its main target is to produce professional managers. The inclusion of various subjects with project work, organizational study, internship, has made MBA a distinct platform in the study of management field. It fulfils the need of today's globalized world. The internship in the course gives students an opportunity to gain real life experience by working in a business organization. It is like a training where students get chance to apply their knowledge gained. Bangalore University has its ultimate objective of educating students for professional pursuits in business, industry, and government. It is further dedicated towards increasing the knowledge and understanding of business and public administrator. In this pursuit, MBA Program seeks to develop socially responsive, creative, and result oriented management professionals to fill up the top level managerial positions in the rapidly growing business sector in the world.
The specific objectives of MBA program are:
* To prepare students to take up top level managerial positions in the business sector. * To develop students’ skill in object-oriented business management, capable of understanding and solving practical business problems creatively. * To provide professional management education with a blend of computer and management information system courses. * To build ethical and professional responsibility.
* To build the conceptual and analytical framework for making decisions. As prescribed by the course, we need to do an internship program of six weeks. After the basic study of one year, the internship program is launched. It is the only way to expose ourselves, give our identity to the outside world. It is really one of the appreciable tasks that Bangalore University does. It is a great chance for students like us to be aware of the real corporate world. Though we did organizational visit as well as industrial visit frequently during the course of study from different perspective, internship program was totally a new and remarkable experience. It was like a mind preparation before to the real job market. Being a student of MBA of Koshys Institute of Management Studies, and to fulfil the requirements of the course, I was assigned to work as an intern at Roland & Associate Bangalore.Working as an intern at Roland &Associate., I have gained practical knowledge of the HR recruitment which will be plus point for my future career.
1.2 Objectives of the Study
The primary objective of the study is to understand the overall banking functions and activities with reference to Roland&Associate. The general objectives of internship program are as follows: * To relate theoretical knowledge with practical.
* To get the outer exposure.
The specific objectives are:
* To study the entire banking procedure.
* To study the available Hr services being provided by the ccompany. * To develop communication skill.
* To review the status of the company
* To develop managerial skill to confront with real life problem. * To study overall departments of company.
* To study organization structure.
* To be familiar...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document