- increases cardio respiratory fitness which prevents heart diseases. - increase maximal oxygen consumption (VO2 max)
- increase HDL chlolesterol (the good cholesterol)
- increase reduce body fat and improved weight control
- refers to exercise w/c is of moderate intensity, undertaken for a long duration. - an activity that uses large muscles groups can be maintained continuously, and is rhythmic in nature.
- means "w/ oxygen" and refers to the use of oxygen in a muscle's energy-generating process.
- is short in duration and high intensity.
- racquetball, downhill skiing, weight lifting, sprinting, softball, soccer, and football.
- (American college sports medicine)
Dr. Kenneth Cooper
- (1982) considered as the father of aerobics
- he is a physiologist of the US air force
- published a book entitled aerobic and groundbreaking on 1969
DURATION OF EFFECTIVE AEROBIC EXERCISE
5-10 minsWARM UP intensity of 50-60% of maximum heart rate
At least 20 mins EXERCISE PROPER intensity of 70-80% of maximum heart rate 5-10 mins intensity of 50-60% of maximum heart rate
BENEFITS OF AEROBICS ACCORDING TO RESEARCH
1. promotes strong and healthy bones.
2. helps control life's physical and emotional stresses.
3. improves intellectual capacity and increases one's productivity. 4. aids in the natural way of losing weight and keeping it off. 5. provides significant protection from ♥ disease.
6. promotes better and more effective sleep.
TYPES OF AEROBIC EXERCISE
* aerobics dance *jumping rope
* bicycling * running
* cross country skiing * stair climbing
* in-line skating * swimming
* fitness walking