I. SUMMARY/SYNOPSIS – What are you reacting to?
GOAL: Show that you understand the opinion, main ideas, and supporting ideas in thedocumentary piece youre writing about.Identify all of the basic information about the piece, including:
• The title of the piece
• The topic or subject of the piece. In other words, tell what the piece is about in aword or a phrase.
II. ANALYSIS/EVALUATION – What are the strengths and weaknesses of the piece?
1. Answer the "w" questions, like why, why not, what, what if, what for, where, whythere, who, how, when . . . Specific questions you might take up include:
• Was the piece convincing? Why or why not, specifically? Is it well-researched? Whyor why not?
• Did the piece overlook or leave out anything important? What?
• Did the piece overemphasize or overprivilege anything? What?
• Is the piece one-sided, or does the piece present a balanced view?
III. YOUR REACTIONS – How do you react to the piece on a personal level? How doesthe piece relate to your experience?
GOAL: Share your own impressions and your own experiences with readers.Here are some questions you might consider answering:
• Did the piece hold your interest? Why or why not?
• Did the piece bother or annoy you? Why or why not?
• What did you realize as a result of watching the piece?
• What questions does the piece raise for you – about the material, about other things? Reaction Paper Format
( The reaction paper should be at least 500 words. This will be equivalent to typing on one whole page of short bond paper, Times New Roman 12 pts., single-spaced lines. All margins should be set at 1 inch.
( The paper should identify the key points highlighted in the piece and then focus on your personal perspective on issues raised through the piece. In addition to your personal perspective,... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2013, 05). How to Make Reaction Paper. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 05, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/How-To-Make-Reaction-Paper-1724483.html
"How to Make Reaction Paper" StudyMode.com. 05 2013. 2013. 05 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/How-To-Make-Reaction-Paper-1724483.html>.
- MLA 7
"How to Make Reaction Paper." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 05 2013. Web. 05 2013. <http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/How-To-Make-Reaction-Paper-1724483.html>.
"How to Make Reaction Paper." StudyMode.com. 05, 2013. Accessed 05, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/How-To-Make-Reaction-Paper-1724483.html.