True or Flase
11. Wever, Inc. is considering relocating a facility to Mexico. The interests of the various stakeholders affected by this decision may conflict.
12. In analyzing ethical dilemmas using the ethics checklist presented in the textbook, it is best to narrow your focus to encompass only one or two major issues.
14. Because of the increasing medical concern over obesity in the United States, federal regulation of advertising has effectively reduced to one-tenth of all advertising during children’s television programs advertisements for foods high in fat, sugar, and salt and low in nutrition.
15. The ethics checklist provided in the textbook was created by Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart to aid business managers in finding solutions to difficult ethical problems.
II. Chapter: Common Law, Statutory Law and Administrative Law
1. The doctrine of stare decisis, though vital to the creation of the common law when this country was settled, is not important to our modern, complex society.
2. While at the park, Tasha saw a small child fall into the lake. Tasha did not know the child. Under the common law of most states, Tasha has a legal duty to take reasonable steps to assist the child if Tasha is able to provide positive assistance and the assistance will not jeopardize Tasha's well being.
3. The largest source of new law is court decisions.
4. The majority of work done by legislative bodies is performed in committees.
5. Even if a statute’s words have ordinary, everyday significance, the court will look at the legislative history of the law and public policy in order to interpret the statute.
6. If the President vetoes a bill and if both the House and Senate repass the bill by a two-thirds margin, the bill becomes law.
7. The Federal Trade Commission promulgated Telemarketing... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2013, 09). Gbl451. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 09, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Gbl451-1926068.html
"Gbl451" StudyMode.com. 09 2013. 2013. 09 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Gbl451-1926068.html>.
- MLA 7
"Gbl451." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 09 2013. Web. 09 2013. <http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Gbl451-1926068.html>.
"Gbl451." StudyMode.com. 09, 2013. Accessed 09, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Gbl451-1926068.html.