1. What are the three funding policies?
Annual (severable service contracts)– O&M & MILPER, 12 months, expenses, total amount Incremental – RDT&E (only in fiscal year) rationing
Full Funding – Procurement and MILCON (12 month funded delivery period), MS B, comptrollers fund PROC programs (“investments”)
2. What is a Full Funding Policy?
Year to Year
3. Does the full funding policy require total procurement quantities for the life of the program? No (it is not for a usable end item)
4. What are the exceptions to the full funding policy? (FRPDR MS ABC AcStrat) Advance Procurement Exception - LLI
Multi Year Procurement (MTY ex) – single contract for specific quantity end item delivered greater than one year, not more than 5 (congressional approval)
5. What are the types of material release?
6. Full funding policy exception policy needed when contract delivery exceeds 12 month period? Multiyear Procurement – SECDEF involvement
Confidence in cost
Commitment by service
Confidince in contractor
Promote national security
7. MYP Cancellation cost – not budgeted (>100m req 30 day written notice)
8. Go into operational inventory Product improvements – procurement Funds in the FYDP – can be moved
Destroyed - RDT&E
Product improvements - DIP (determine mod, install mod, and purchase mod)
9. What are the benefits of multi-year procurements?
Brings stability to the acquisition and budgeting process for the bot the Ktr and GOV
10. Only funds ____________ can be reprogrammed?
11. What are the four types of reprogramming?
Congressional Prior Approval
Below threshold reprogramming – same req no change in purpose (same appropriation) Congressional Notification
Internal Reprogramming -3 – moving POM/FYDP is not reprogramming (NOT INTERNAL TO THE PROGRAM!) it is a realignment (USD (C) approval)
12. ______________ Reprogramming Action usually done by Services as part of an Omnibus reprogramming submission Congressional Prior Approval
13. _____________ Reprogramming that requires 30 day notification Congressional Notification – new procurement 10yrs) - not available
15. Government initiates a _________________ when there is an indication that a needed industrial capability could be lost. Defense Industrial Capabilities Analysis (ICA)
16. Special Priorities assistance requires:
Urgent need for the item
Applicant made reasonable effort to resolve
Timeliness to allow for solution
17. The GOV needs to understand_______________ as it applies as a barrier to subcontractor management Privity of Contract
18. What are the 4 fundamental factors impacting producibility? System Design
19. Is a stable process that has the same normal distribution at all times? Variation
20. Machine vibration, slight variation in raw materials, temperature fluctuations, Human variation in setting control dials Common Causes - management
21. BLRIP IOT&E (T&E) confirm that items are ______________ and ______________ for combat. Effective - KPPs
Suitable - logisitic illities
22. Production Quality will have to be ____________ and ___________. Capable / Under Control
23. After the president’s budget is submitted to Congress, three basic activities must be completed Budget resolution – non binding (HBC – SBC)
Authorization-Permission, NDAA (HASC – SASC – joint conference) Appropriation-Payments, (HAC – SAC - Joint Conference)
24. What are your appeals to the congressional Mark?
Same phase (authorization or appropriation)
25. Post Deployment Review?
PM conducts (assess cost, performance, and support parameters) MC