* MANAGE AIRPORTS, CIVIL ENCLAVES AND AERONAUTICAL COMMUNICATION.
* PROVIDE AIR TRAFFIC SERVICE AND MAINTAIN NAVIGATION AND GROUND AIDS.
* PLAN DEVELOP, CONSTRUCT, MAINTAIN RUNWAYS ,TAXIWAYS, APON , TERMINAL AND ANCILLARY BUILDINGS AIR SAFETY SERVICES AND SEARCH AND RESCUE.
* ARRANGING POSTAL MONEY EXCHANGE, INSURANCE AND TELEPHONE FACILITIES.
* ESTABLISH WAREHOUSES AND CARGO COMPLEX.
* ESTABLISH AND MAINTAIN HOTELS/RESTAURANTS AND REST ROOMS.
* SECURITY ARRANGEMENTS AND PROTOCOL/COORDINATION.
1. PASSENGER FACILITIES :
Improvement of passenger facilities is a continuous process. AAI has to cater to very demanding customers who in the wake of globalization have the exposure to the best of facilities are available at other international airports in the world over and the airlines operators who by virtue of their nature of operation are exposed to the best of facilities and services available at other international airports.
AAI has been continuously striving to meet these challenges. Customer satisfaction surveys conducted periodically by outside agencies has been a vital source of feedback on the deficiencies of the system as also the expectations of the traveling public. It has been our endeavour in AAI to address these issues on priority.
2. AIR NAVIGATION SERVICES :
In tune with global approach to modernization of Air Navigation infrastructure for seamless navigation across state and regional boundaries, AAI has been going ahead with its plans for transition to satellite based Communication, Navigation, Surveillance and Air Traffic Management. A number of co-operation agreements and Memoranda of Co-operation have been signed with US Federal Aviation Administration, US Trade and Development Agency, European Union, Air Services Australia and the French Government, co-operative projects and studies initiated to gain from their experience. Through these activities more and...