1. Define psychology.
-scientific study of behavior and mental process( thinking,mind)
2. Name the 4 goals of psychology.
3. When was the first psychology lab created and by whom?
-Wilhelm Wundt,Germany 1879
4. What is Structuralism and who is the theorist that developed it?
-structure of mind
- Edward Titchener
5. What is Functionalism and who developed it?
-how mind lets people adapt,live,work, and play
6. What is Sigmund Freud’s theory about the two parts of the mind?
-Psychoanalysis , unconscious (unaware) , childhood experiences trying to overcome
7. Gestalt is famous for looking at the “Big Picture. What is the saying that goes with this?
8. What is behaviorism? Who were two theorists that developed it?
-science oof behavior observable only
-John B. Watson (followed ^ his work )
9. What is Humanism and who were it's main proponents?
-"free will" people choose their own destiny , best you can be
10. What was the top goal of Abraham Maslow’s hierarchy of needs?
- self-actualization, full poterntial, best of person that can be
11. What is a case study?
-study of one person in great detail
12. What is a survey?
-researchers ask a series a series of questions about a topic
13. What is naturalistic observation?
-watching behavior in their normal/ natural environment
14. In experimental research, what are "single blind" and "double blind" studies?
-single-blind: participant doesn't know what they are getting
-double-blind: neither participant NO ONE know who is getting what
REDUCE THE PLACEBO EFFECT-expectation of participant to not influence behavior
15. What is a hypothesis?
- tentative explanation of something based on observations
16. What is operational terms in research?... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2013, 02). Exam Review Chaps 1,2,4,5. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 02, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Exam-Review-Chaps-1-2-4-5-1419074.html
"Exam Review Chaps 1,2,4,5" StudyMode.com. 02 2013. 02 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Exam-Review-Chaps-1-2-4-5-1419074.html>.
"Exam Review Chaps 1,2,4,5." StudyMode.com. 02, 2013. Accessed 02, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Exam-Review-Chaps-1-2-4-5-1419074.html.